Lagos Indicator | Lagos comes down hard on traffic offenders
Lagos comes down hard on traffic offenders
18 July, 2012
The Lagos State House of Assembly, passed the bill last Thursday, July 12. The bill which originated from the executive arm is meant to impose sanctions on erring vehicle users in the state.
The list of offences including:
1.Riding a motor-cycle against traffic.
2. Riding on the kerb, median or road setbacks (Penalty) 1st time offender –
N20,000.00 subsequent offender N30,000.00 or the riders motor-cycle will be
3.One way driving (Penalty) 3year jail term after psychiatric examination.
4. Smoking while driving (Penalty) N20,000.00 fine.
5. Failure to give way to traffic on the left at a roundabout (Penalty)
6. Disobeying traffic control (Penalty) N20,000.00.
7.Violation of route by commercial vehicles (Penalty) N20,000.00 fine.
8. Riding motor-cycle without crash helmet for rider and passenger (Penalty)
N20,000: 00 or 3years imprisonment or both.
9. Under aged person, under 18yrs old riding a motorcycle (Penalty)
10. Driving without valid driver’s license (Penalty) Vehicle to be
11. Learner driver without permit (Penalty) N20,000.00.
12. driving with fake number plate (Penalty) 1st offender N20,000.00 and 6
month imprisonment or both.
Traffic law enforcers will go into full swing once Fashola signs the bill
culled from www.businessdayonline.com
…Charting a new course for development in Lagos